Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana
Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this smoothie a nutritional powerhouse.
3 Tbsp water
1 green tea bag
2 tsp honey
1½ c frozen blueberries
½ med banana
¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
1. MICROWAVE water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
2. COMBINE berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
3. ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve
'Very' Berry Breakfast
Start your day off with a bang with this fruit-packed smoothie.
1 c frozen unsweetened raspberries
¾ c chilled unsweetened almond or rice milk
¼ c frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or raspberries
1½ Tbsp honey
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
COMBINE all ingredients in blender, adding lemon juice to taste. Puree until smooth. Pour into 2 chilled glasses.
2 cups kale
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups pineapple
1 cup mango
Juice of ½ lemon
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
¼ to ½ teaspoon ground turmeric, to taste
1. Blend kale and coconut milk until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Wonderfully thick and tasty, this drink easily substitutes for milkshakes and ice cream.
1 c frozen berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
½ c low-fat yogurt (any flavor)
½ c orange juice or other juice
PLACE the berries, yogurt, and orange juice in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds. Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.