Safety of your details
How safe are my transactions?
Very takes the security of your details very seriously. We use industry standard encryption methods to deter would-be hackers. 'Encryption' turns your information into a special code that only Very computers can unscramble.
What information do you collect about me and why?
Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited ("Shop Direct") provides your goods and is the data controller of information that you provide when you order goods. Shop Direct Finance Company Limited ('SDFC') provides credit, subject to status, and arranges other financial services products and is the data controller of information you provide when you request a credit account or other financial services products. Both Shop Direct and SDFC are members of the Shop Direct group of companies ("the Group Company/Companies"). Solution Personal Finance Limited (which is a joint venture with SDFC) and Home Shopping Personal Finance Limited (which is a joint venture with Shop Direct Financial Services Limited, another Group Company) and any undertakings within those joint ventures and other joint ventures that we may enter into from time to time, may also offer you other credit facilities, subject to status, and/or financial services products. By giving information to Shop Direct and SDFC, you agree that it will be shared with Group Companies.
Shop Direct and SDFC will use the information you give us:
- To provide goods and services. In the course of providing such services, your personal information may be transferred to agents, service providers, employees and Group Companies. In some instances, your information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. We will employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information where this is the case.
- If we are required to disclose information about you to any relevant regulator or to anyone else if there is a legal duty to do so.
- To administer any prize draw or competition you may enter.
- To analyse your shopping preferences as part of our marketing programmes and we may pool and share such information with other retailers for this purpose. This may help us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts and to inform you about any of those we think you will be interested to hear about. This information may also be incorporated into our staff training programmes.
- For marketing purposes. We will send you brochures, leaflets, catalogues and other promotional material for our products and services. We may also telephone or email you to discuss account details or for market or service research. In addition, we may include leaflets or brochures for complementary products or services from third parties with our statements and parcels. Shop Direct, SDFC, a Group Company or our carefully selected third party partners may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail, text message or any other reasonable method. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by either: third parties or Shop Direct, SDFC or a Group Company or if you have any queries about data protection, please call 08448 222 321.
From time to time we may access publically available information relating to you on the internet (for example on social media websites) to assist in fraud prevention, for identity verification and for marketing.
Shop Direct, SDFC or a Group Company may monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent services levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
- If you apply for credit SDFC will search your record at a credit reference agency or agencies who will supply SDFC with credit information as well as information from the electoral register. SDFC will use credit scoring methods to assess your application and to verify your identity. Credit searches and other information which is provided to SDFC and/or the credit reference agencies about you and those with whom you are financially linked may be used by SDFC and other companies if credit decisions are made about you or other members of your household. You are linked with another individual if you make a joint credit application or run a joint credit account with them. Even if your application goes no further, the credit reference agencies will add details of this search and your application to your record. SDFC does not offer a quotation service and by proceeding with an application, a search will be registered at a credit reference agency.
- In assessing you for credit and to manage your account SDFC may also use any information which a Group Company already holds about you.
- Periodically SDFC will search your records with the credit reference agencies so they can manage your account and take further decisions about credit. These searches will not be available to other lenders for credit assessment purposes.
- If SDFC enters into a credit agreement with you they will also add details of your agreement as well as ongoing details of your account and how you manage it to credit reference agency records. If you do not repay on time or in full they will tell the credit reference agencies who will record details of the debt. All this information will be seen by other organisations carrying out later searches and SDFC may also share it directly with the Group Companies. The information may be used to assess you for credit or to verify your identity.
- SDFC may pass your information to other Group Companies and third parties for debtor tracing and debt recovery purposes.
We are committed to detecting and preventing fraud and we use a variety of fraud prevention tools. For everyone's protection, SDFC check the details of every first order with the fraud prevention agencies and these checks may be repeated with future orders. The Group Companies may also use the information you have given, or which the Group Companies already hold about you. If you are accessing our websites, for the purpose of detecting fraudulent activity, SDFC may use and share information it receives relating to the device you have used to access our websites.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
SDFC and other organisations may also access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Please telephone 0800 092 9054 if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom SDFC obtains and to whom SDFC gives information about you. You have a legal right to these details. SDFC, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other home shopping traders may also use the records for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud.
SDFC and other organisations may also access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. If SDFC and Shop Direct identify fraudulent activity, they will share this information with other organisations and SDFC and Shop Direct will access and use information on fraudulent activity provided by such other organisations.
Insurance Policies, Extended Service Plans and Shopping Insurance
Your information may be used as detailed above and may also be passed to insurers (for insurance applications only), service plan providers (in both cases for administration purposes) and relevant regulators.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your information or on data protection generally please contact us at the Data Protection Unit, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ
A full list of Group Companies who may receive your information is available from the Data Protection Unit at the above address.
Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, registered number: 4660974 is Authorised and Regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office: Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, Liverpool L30 1SL. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Registered number: 4663281. Registered office: First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool L70 1AB.
We, or selected third parties, may telephone you to tell you about special offers or for market research and customer care purposes. If you do not want to receive such calls please write to the Data Protection Unit, Very, Park Lane, Netherton, Liverpool, L72 1LE stating your wish to be removed from the telephone mailing list. Please clearly state whether you wish to be removed from Very communications, communications from third parties, or both.
If you do not want to receive emails from Very, or selected third parties, please write to the Data Protection Unit, Very, Park Lane, Netherton, Liverpool, L72 1LE and state your wish to be removed from the email list. Please clearly state whether you wish to be removed from Very communications, communications from third parties, or both.
From Direct Mail
If you do not want to receive mailings from Very, or selected third parties, please write to the Data Protection Unit, Very, Park Lane, Netherton, Liverpool, L72 1LE and state your wish to be removed from the direct mailing list. Please clearly state whether you wish to be removed from Very communications, communications from third parties, or both.
Requests not received in the specific format indicated, are in danger of being misdirected. We reserve the right for our customer advisors to contact you regarding your account where necessary.
How long will it take before I stop receiving communications?
For promotional emails and Telemarketing please allow up to 28 days to for us to process your request. For Direct Mail please allow up to 2-3 months.
Registered company details
Credit provided subject to status by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. Registered number 4660974. Registered office: Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, L30 1SL. 4660974 is Authorised and Regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority. Goods/services provided by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Registered number 4663281. Registered office: 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke Liverpool, L70 1AB.
Terms & Conditions for this website
These Terms and Conditions are applicable every time you access our website and/or order goods from our website. Please note that these Terms and Conditions also incorporate the following sections which we advise that you read:
Before proceeding with an order you will be required to show that you have read and understood the following terms and conditions. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your future reference.
1.1 This site is owned and operated by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Our registered office is 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB.
1.2 All rights in this website are owned by us. Any unauthorised use, copying or modification is prohibited.
2. Ordering Goods
2.1 All orders placed through our website will be subject to our acceptance of the order.
2.2 When you submit an order to us on our website you will receive a 'bounce back' confirmatory email of this order saying that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
2.3 Promotional codes are codes that enable customers to obtain benefits such as discounts, free delivery and free gifts. These codes are non-transferable so may only be used by the person to whom they are issued and must only be used in accordance with their terms and conditions of use. If you use a promotional code to claim a promotional benefit, you must first check that it was issued to you and that you are eligible to use it. By using it to claim a promotional benefit you will be confirming that:-
- you are entitled to use the code;
- you meet all the conditions that apply to its use;
- you agree to the terms set out below.
If, before accepting your order, we find that you are not entitled to use the code or do not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reject your order or alternatively process it without the promotional benefit being applied. If, after accepting your order, we find that you were not entitled to use the code or did not meet all the terms and conditions of its use, we may reverse the benefit that you obtained. If you transacted on a cash basis e.g. by debit or credit card, we may take a further payment, equivalent to the value of the benefit obtained, from the card used. If you transacted on a credit basis, the value of the benefit obtained may be charged to your credit account.
2.4 Should you wish to cancel your order or return any goods, please go to the Returns section for further information.
2.5 Please note, you are responsible for all purchases made on your account and are personally liable for all the outstanding balance.
3. Processing your orders and payment
3.1 If you are paying for your order through your Very account, the relevant payment will be shown on your next statement.
3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.
3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT. Delivery charges are clearly highlighted throughout the site. For further information on delivery charges see the Delivery section.
4.1 Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands and some remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our delivery services and we may not be able to arrange delivery of some items to such addresses. You will be notified of this when you place your order.
4.2 Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods on the day we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timescale. This also applies to products sent direct from our manufacturers. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
4.3 All items are subject to stock availability.
4.4 When we deliver your items to you you may be asked to sign for the goods to acknowledge that you have received them.
4.5 Please note that if you wish to return goods under our Approval guarantee, you have 28 days from receipt of the goods to return them to us. For further information on returns and exceptions to our home approval guarantee please see the Returns section.
4.6 If an item is faulty please contact us and we will arrange an appropriate remedy.
4.7 We reserve the right to stop a delivery at any time, including after despatch, if we suspect that the transaction might be fraudulent.
6.1 The use of our site and any contracts formed are governed by English law. Overseas orders will not be accepted.
6.2 All products are sold on the basis that they are for personal, domestic use only.
6.3 We shall not be responsible to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for incidental, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss of profit (direct or indirect), loss of sales, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of business, third party claims, pure economic loss arising out of or in connection of the performance or non performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions including such damage as may be reasonably foreseeable at the date you order the goods.
6.4 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
6.5 Our liability for any claim for loss or damage shall be limited to the sum paid by you for the goods.
6.6 A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
6.7 If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
6.8 We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party.
6.9 You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing.
6.10 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website.
6.11 There are links on our website to third party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. We do not have any control over the content of these websites nor can we be liable in respect of anything contained on these websites.
6.12 These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between you and ourselves and will remain in force for the duration of our trading relationship.
6.13 All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
6.14 Any unauthorised use of material on this site is strictly prohibited.
6.15 We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any product or pricing information which we place on the site but we make no warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to the accuracy of such information).
6.16 We may close your account or terminate our trading relationship by giving you notice of at least seven (7) days. This does not affect your obligation to repay any amounts you owe to us.
6.17 These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
7.1 We are the operators of this website, and the contents of it are either our property (or that of our affiliated companies) or are used under licence from our suppliers. We are the owners of the compilation of information in this website.
7.2 Our rights, and those of our affiliates and suppliers, are protected by UK, European, and International intellectual property laws, including those for the protection of copyrights, trademarks, and database rights. Misuse of this website may incur civil liability or attract criminal sanctions.
7.3 We grant you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable licence to access our website for the purposes of browsing our (or our affiliates) product offer(s), ordering goods or services from us (or our affiliates), or obtaining contact information for us (or our affiliates).
7.4 Your licence to access our website does not extend to any commercial use of our website, or to any use of our website whatsoever which is for the benefit of any commercial entity other than us (or our affiliates).
7.5 You are expressly not permitted to download any part of our site (other than by reason of automatic page caching), to amend or modify it or any part of it, to reproduce or copy, sell (including any resale), or otherwise exploit our website (or any part of it) for any purpose other than as set out above, nor are you permitted to frame our website or to link to any element of it other than the homepage.
7.6 You are permitted to link to our homepage, provided that the link is not misleading, false, derogatory, or otherwise prejudicial to our (or our affiliates) suppliers interests, but you are expressly not permitted to use any of our logos or graphics either as or in connection with such a link.
Your order will be accepted by us, and a contract will then be formed between us, when we despatch the goods to you.
All about your credit account
To help you get the most from your account we've explained some useful things for you.
If you've got any questions or require further information on any aspect of your account, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 08448 222 321*.
Your account is to be used to shop with us or other businesses we deal with, through our catalogues and websites. You can spread the cost of anything you buy simply by paying the regular minimum payment. From time to time we also offer options to avoid paying interest or to make your payments more manageable. These options include the Take 3 option. If this applies you can use it to avoid paying interest on qualifying items. We may also offer you Interest-Opt-Out deals and other special promotions on selected items, including buy-now- pay-later promotions (BNPL). BNPL offers will normally be interest bearing unless you pay for the item in full before the end of the BNPL deferred period, but if you do so you won't have to pay any interest on that transaction. Some BNPL offers may not incur interest in the BNPL deferred period. You can find out more about how these offers work below. Each of these options will only apply to your account if we have specifically told you so. We will tell you which orders they can be used for, together with any special promotional and BNPL offers, in our books, websites and advertising so you'll always know what's going on.
You'll get a statement every 4 weeks, which will list your orders, payments and returns during that 4 week statement period, and will tell you what your next minimum payment will be, and, if applicable, the optional Take 3 Payment. You must make at least the minimum payment by the date shown, which is currently 20 days after the date of the statement.
The minimum payment on balances will be £5 or 7% whichever is greater or the full current balance if less than £5. Any insurance premiums or extra charges will be added to this minimum payment. You can of course pay as much as you want to, including the full balance or, if applicable, the optional Take 3 Payment. There's more about this below.
If it is applicable on your account Take 3 lets you avoid paying interest on your orders. If it is available, it will normally apply to everything you buy using the account, apart from orders made using BNPL, Interest Opt-Out, and promotional rates, although we may also sometimes exclude other transactions from Take 3. We'll let you know if that's the case.
If your statement shows a Take 3 Payment and you make this payment by the date shown, then no interest will be charged on your Take 3 Transactions, or on items bought using Interest-Opt-Out, when you get your next statement.
It's very important to note that if you always want to avoid paying any interest on Take 3 and Interest-Opt-Out purchases, you must pay the full Take 3 Payment for every consecutive statement. If you don't The Take 3 Facility will cease to apply to all previous Take 3 Transactions, and the outstanding balance for all Take 3 Transactions included in your previous statement will be charged interest at the standard rate from the start of that statement period (or the date of purchase for any items bought in the preceding statement period). Any Interest-Opt-Out amounts charged to the account in that time will be charged interest at the standard rate from the start of that statement period. So, to get the most from Take 3 and Interest-Opt-Out, you should make sure you always pay the Take 3 Payment shown on every statement.
If a Take 3 Payment is shown on a statement it is a combination of: (i) the minimum payment; (ii) any insurance premiums due; (iii) the optional payment in respect of any balance on Take 3 Transactions as described below; and (iv) any optional payment in respect of any Interest Opt-Out purchases as described below.
The optional payment for any items on Take 3 will be calculated as follows: on the first statement after a new Take 3 Transaction the optional payment will be one third of the cost. On the second statement it will be one half of the remaining balance for that transaction and on the third it will be the full remaining balance of that Transaction. But if you don't pay the full Take 3 Payment on any statement then the outstanding balance for each Take 3 Transaction will move out of Take 3 to the standard interest rate and your Take 3 Facility will be reset to zero until you make another qualifying purchase to start it from fresh again. Once a Take 3 Transaction has moved out of Take 3 it cannot move back in.
Items on Interest-Opt-Out are charged to your account in equal instalments for each statement in the chosen period. For example, if an item costing £600 is bought on 6 months Interest-Opt-Out, £100 will be charged to your account for each of 6 successive statement periods. One third of this will then be the optional payment used to calculate the Take 3 Payment which will be shown on your statement. If you have more than one item on Interest-Opt-Out the balances are combined and an adjusted optional payment is calculated in the same way as we do for Take 3, as described above.
For all balances which don't relate to Take 3 or Interest Opt-Out purchases, or for balances which have stopped being eligible for Take 3, we'll work the interest out on the daily balance at the standard rate and applied to the account every 28 days.
Sometimes we may offer you reduced interest rates (called Promotional Interest Rates) on certain purchases. We'll advertise the full details of these promotional offers, including the items to which they apply, the period they last and any special conditions. We'll charge interest at the Promotional Interest Rate on the outstanding balance in respect of items made on promotional offers for the period of the offer. After the end of that period we will charge interest at the standard rate. However, as these rates are special offers, they are conditional on you keeping to the terms of the account. If you don't we may withdraw any Promotional Interest Rates and charge interest at the standard rate on the full outstanding balance.
To make the most of our BNPL offers, it is important that you understand how and when we charge interest on them. Selected transactions may be available on one of the following BNPL offers;
If the offer does not attract interest during the deferred period the BNPL transaction will be charged to your account on the order date and will become due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred period. The BNPL transaction will become liable for interest and payment, but no interest will accrue on the purchase until after the end of the deferred period. If you pay the cash price of your BNPL purchase before the expiry of the deferred period, you will not be required to pay any interest.
If the offer does attract interest during the deferred period, interest will accrue from the date of order. The BNPL transaction will be charged to your account on the order date and will become due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred period. The BNPL transaction will become liable for interest and payment after the end of the deferred period. If the BNPL transaction is not repaid in full by the first payment due date after the end of the deferred period the accrued interest will be charged to your account.
If you don't want to pay interest on either offer, you must pay the full price of the relevant transaction and notify us that you are making payment specifically on your BNPL transaction. You can do this by targeting a payment online through My Account or contacting us on 08448 222 321*. The payment must clear the BNPL transaction in full by the due date shown on your statement.
If you are not sure how buy now pay later offers work please call us on the above number.
We apply each payment to different balances and transactions on your account in a particular order. If you don't pay at least the minimum payment, this can mean that higher interest balances don't get repaid as quickly as planned, and you end up paying more interest. As there are lots of options on our account, there are a number of stages and ways in how we do this. Full details are contained in the information sheet we send you and your agreement. We'd like you to read these carefully and please contact us on the above number if you need to find out more, or aren't sure about anything.
We do have a right to vary the terms of the agreement, including interest rates, the payment due date and the way the minimum payment and Take 3 Payment are worked out. We'll give you plenty of notice in advance of any change which isn't to your benefit, so you can pay off the balance before it takes effect if you aren't happy. Details of this are also on your agreement.
We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum, in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. We would recommend that you print off or save a copy and keep it secure.
It's very important that you pay at least the minimum payment shown on every statement when it's due. If you're late we'll have to add account charges. Details of these are in your information sheet and agreement. We know you don't plan to miss any payments but sometimes things don't go as expected in life, and we don't want these charges to be a surprise if you do have a problem. Our promotional rates and Take 3 may also be withdrawn if you don't keep up with your repayments.
If you do ever think you'll have a problem in making payments then please contact our team on 08448 222 321*. They're very understanding and they know that people can have problems from time to time, and can help you with a plan to deal with them. It is especially important that you contact us as early as you can, as missing payments can have serious consequences, such as the transfer of your account to a debt collection agency or legal proceedings being taken. It may also affect your credit rating and make credit harder to obtain in future. We don't want that to happen to you, so get in touch whenever you need to.
You can decide not to go ahead with the credit application at any time until the agreement is made, and even after the credit agreement has been made you'll still have time to change your mind and withdraw. You get 14 days to withdraw beginning the day after the agreement is made. We treat the agreement as made when you sign it, or 14 days after you first take delivery of goods you have ordered and asked us to finance , if sooner. If you do decide to change your mind you should tell us as soon as possible by calling us on 08448 222 321* or writing to Credit Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE, or e-mailing email@example.com.
If you do withdraw after the agreement is made you will have to pay back any monies you have borrowed and all interest without delay, (within 30 days of withdrawing at the latest). If you cancel your application or withdraw from the agreement, you'll have to use other ways to pay for any goods that you have received (such as debit or credit card), unless you still have a legal right to send the goods back. Usually this will only be the case if either they are still covered by a home approval guarantee, or by statutory distance selling rights. You can find Information on these rights in our catalogues or website.
Shop Direct Finance Company Limited is a member of The Finance & Leasing Association (FLA), and subscribes to The FLA Lending Code. For more information on the Lending Code please visit www.fla.org.uk.
Administration and Default Charges
If you fall behind with your payments, we reserve the right to impose a charge to cover the cost of any action we may take. We will be entitled to debit your account with any costs incurred by us in respect of any missed or insufficient payment, including but not limited to dishonoured cheques, failed direct debit requests and recharged card payments. Payments received will be applied first in payment of insurance, interest and other charges as shown on the last statement and thereafter in the reduction of the current balance.Default Charges - Charges are payable by you in respect of the following matters:
- • If you make a payment via Paypoint or the Post Office - £1
- • If you make payment by cheque - 25p
- • You fail to make at least the minimum payment by the payment due date - £12
- • For any letters, telephone calls or other (other than home visits) debt collection activity we undertake - £12
- • Any cheque, direct debit or other item for payment into your account that is unpaid or dishonoured - £15
- • Any court fees & costs incurred by us in pursuit of arrears
Terms & Conditions for a credit account
With Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, whose registered office is at Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle L30 1SL (the Creditor) and you.
Key features1. Credit Limit: You will be notified of a credit limit upon successful application.
2. The credit under this agreement is running account credit and is to be used by you to purchase goods/services from retailers, outlets and brands agreed by us from time to time. We may debit your account on each occasion upon which you provide us with authority to do so, including verbal authority. This agreement is open ended and does not have a fixed duration.
3. You will be sent a statement every 28 days. The minimum payment due date will be shown on your statement and will be 20 days after the date of your statement.
4. The minimum payment due for each 4 week statement period will be shown on each statement. The minimum payment on current balances will be £5 or 7% whichever is greater or the full current balance if less than £5. You may pay more if you wish to do so. Any insurance premiums due or default charges described below will be payable in addition to the minimum payment described above.
5. For certain items we may ask you to make an additional payment to your account in relation to that item. This additional payment will not increase the price of the purchase. If this requirement applies we will determine and notify you of the amount and timing of the payment when you order the item.
6. Allocation of payments: Any payments made under this agreement will be applied in an order depending on the amount you pay and what offers you have taken up. We may change this order for specific promotions and if we do so we will tell you when we give you details of the promotion:
All payments will be applied firstly in the following order;
1. Any Payment Protection Insurance premiums and then other insurance premiums (including, first, any arrears).If you have more than one agreement with us, then unless you notify us to the contrary, we may appropriate any payments received from you to sums due under this agreement or under any other agreement you have with us as we decide.
2. Any default charges and then any other charges (including, first, any arrears).
3. Any other arrears or overdue sums on the account.
If you have paid less than the minimum payment, we will then;
4. Repay items on the standard interest rate, If you have more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item first;
5. Repay items on Interest Opt-Out.
If you have more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item first; or If you have paid exactly the minimum payment, we will then;
4. Repay items on Interest Opt-Out, promotional interest rates and the standard interest rate pro rata; or
If you have paid more than the minimum payment but less than any applicable optional Take 3 payment, we will then;
4. Repay the minimum due for items on Interest Opt-Out, promotional interest rates and the standard rate pro rata
5. Repay items on promotional interest rates. If you have more than one item, we will apply payment to the highest interest rate first and if there is more than one item on the same interest rate, we will apply to the oldest item first.
6. Repay items on the standard interest rate, If you have more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item first;
7. Repay items on Interest Opt-Out. If you have more than one item, we will apply to the olderst item first; or
If you have paid exactly any applicable Take 3 payment, we will then;
4. Repay the minimum due for items on promotional interest rates, the standard interest rate, and any optional payment for Interest Opt-Out and Take 3 Facility pro rata; or
If you have paid more than any applicable Take 3 payment, we will then;
4. Repay the minimum due for items on promotional interest rates, the standard interest rate and the optional payment for Interest Opt-Out and Take 3 Facility pro rata.
5. Repay items on promotional interest rates. If you have more than one item, we will apply payment to the highest interest rate first and if there is more than one item on the same interest rate, we will apply to the oldest item.
6. Repay items on Interest Opt-Out. If you have more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item.
7. Repay items on the Take 3 Facility if applicable. If you have more than one item, we will apply to the oldest item.
8. Repay items on the standard interest rate, oldest item first.
9. If you make a payment that is more than the full balance for all items due for payment (including new purchases) and also have Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) items which are not yet due for payment, we will apply the excess towards those BNPL items, starting with the item which will next become due.
7. Total amount you will have to pay - Will be provided upon successful application. - Assuming you draw down your full credit limit in a single transaction at your standard rate and repay over 13 equal instalments.
Costs of credit8. APR - A variable APR will be allocated upon successful account application and will be subject to your credit status.
9. Interest rate: The following will apply as the standard rate; A variable interest rate will be allocated upon successful account application and will be subject to your credit status.
The rate quoted is on an annual percentage rate basis.
10. Charging Interest: If the Take 3 Facility or Interest Opt-Out apply to any purchases on your account, your statement will show a Take 3 Payment. This amount will be the sum of (i) the minimum payment; (ii) any insurance premiums due; (iii) the optional payment in respect of any Take 3 Transactions; and (iv) any optional payment in respect of any Interest Opt-Out Transactions. Take 3 and Interest Opt-Out are detailed in clause 12 of the terms & conditions. No interest will be charged on the balance on Take 3 Transactions or on Interest Opt-Out Transactions for a statement period if you paid at least the Take 3 Payment shown on the previous statement by the payment due date. If you do not pay the Take 3 Payment, interest will be calculated on the average daily balance at the standard rate and applied to the account every 28 days. For all balances which do not relate to Take 3 or Interest Opt-Out Transactions, interest will be calculated on the average daily balance at the standard rate and applied to the account every 28 days.
11. Promotional Interest Rates: We may from time to time offer reduced interest rates (Promotional Interest Rates) on selected purchases or types of purchase ("Promotional Transactions"). We will advertise the Promotional Interest Rate, the period for which it applies ("Promotional Period") and any other additional terms which apply to the Promotional Transaction in such a manner as we consider appropriate. We will charge interest at the Promotional Interest Rate on the outstanding balance in respect of Promotional Transactions for the Promotional Period, and after the end of the Promotional Period we will charge interest at the standard rate. The availability of Promotional Interest Rates is conditional on you keeping to this agreement, and if you do not keep to its terms we may withdraw any Promotional Interest Rates and charge interest at the standard rate on the full outstanding balance.
12. The following repayment options may be offered on selected purchases or transactions as published from time to time:-
12.1 Take 3 Facility: If you have been notified that the Take 3 Facility applies to your account, it will apply to purchases made on the account, apart from BNPL Transactions, Interest Opt-Out Transactions, and Promotional Transactions. We may also exclude other transactions from Take 3 from time to time, and will notify you of them. Purchases using the Take 3 Facility ("Take 3 Transactions") will be charged to your account in full immediately. On the first statement after any new Take 3 Transaction has been charged to the account the optional payment for your Take 3 Facility (which will form part of the Take 3 Payment shown on your statement) will be one third the cost of that Take 3 Transaction. On the second statement, the optional payment will be one half of the remaining balance for that Take 3 Transaction and on the third statement it will be the full remaining balance for that Take 3 Transaction. However, the Take 3 Facility will only be carried forward from one statement to the next if you make the Take 3 Payment shown on the statement in full. If you do not make a Take 3 Payment shown on a statement the Take 3 Facility will cease to apply to all previous Take 3 Transactions, and the outstanding balance for all Take 3 Transactions included in your previous statement will be charged interest at the standard rate from the start of that statement period (or the date of purchase for any items bought in the preceding statement period). Accordingly, if you wish to avoid paying interest on Take 3 Transactions you must pay the Take 3 Payment shown on each consecutive statement. If you do not do so you will lose the benefit of the Take 3 Facility for all outstanding Take 3 Transactions, but will still be able to use it on future Take 3 Transactions.13. We may from time to time allow you or offer you the option to transfer purchases or balances between the standard rate, BNPL and promotional offers.
12.2 Interest Opt-Out Transactions: Interest Opt-Outs of 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years may be available on selected products as advertised from time to time. For Interest Opt-Out Transactions the cost of the purchase will be divided by the number of months in the Interest Opt-Out period applicable to that purchase (i.e. 6, 12, 26, 39 or 52) to produce the amount that will be charged to the account on each statement for the duration of the relevant Interest Opt-Out period. As an example, for a purchase on the 6 months Interest Opt-Out, one sixth of the purchase price will be charged to the account on each of 6 consecutive statements. When an Interest Opt-Out Transaction is charged to your account it is added to any balance of Interest Opt-Out Transactions ("the Interest Opt-Out Balance") carried forward from your previous statement. We then use the new Interest Opt-Out Balance to calculate the optional payment for your Interest Opt-Out Transactions which will form part of the Take 3 Payment shown on your statement. On the first statement after any new Interest Opt-Out Transaction has been charged to the account this optional payment will be one third of the Interest Opt-Out Balance. If there has been no new Interest Opt-Out Transactions on the second statement the optional payment will be one half of the remaining Interest Opt-Out Balance, and on the third statement it will be the full remaining Interest Opt-Out Balance. Whenever a new Interest Opt-Out Transaction is charged this cycle starts again. If you do not make a Take 3 Payment shown on a statement the Interest Opt-Out Balance will be charged interest at the standard rate from the start of that statement period. Accordingly, if you wish to avoid paying interest on Interest Opt-Out Transactions you must pay the Take 3 Payment shown on each consecutive statement. Each amount charged will be treated as a new transaction, and accordingly the cycle described above will restart every month that an Interest Opt-Out amount is charged to the account.
12.3 Buy Now Pay Later Transactions: Selected purchases may be available on one of the following Buy Now Pay Later offers ("BNPL Transactions") as published from time to time:
12.3.1 No interest during deferred payment period: The BNPL Transaction will be charged to your account on the order date and will become due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred payment period. Once it is charged it will be shown as part of the outstanding balance and will not become liable for interest and payment, until after the expiry of the deferred payment period. No interest will accrue on the BNPL Transaction until after the end of the deferred period. Amounts owing under a BNPL Transaction but not yet due for payment will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend. The amount of credit available to you in relation to your account will be reduced accordingly
12.3.2 Interest accruing during deferred payment period: The BNPL Transaction will accrue interest from the order date and will be compounded every 28 days, but this interest will not show on your account until the first statement after the expiry of the deferred payment period. The BNPL Transaction will be charged to your account on the order date and will become due for payment on the first statement for which the payment due date occurs after the end of the deferred payment period. Once it is charged it will be shown as part of the outstanding balance and will not become liable for payment until after the end of the deferred payment period. If the cash balance of the BNPL Transaction is not repaid in full by the first payment due date after the end of the deferred payment period the accrued interest will be charged to your account. Amounts owing under a BNPL Transaction, but not yet due for payment will be deducted from your credit limit when we calculate the amount you have left to spend. The amount of credit available to you in relation to your account will be reduced accordingly. If you pay the cash price of your BNPL Transaction before the expiry of the deferred payment period, you will not be required to pay any interest on the Transaction.
12.3.3 BNPL Transactions will not qualify for Take 3 or Interest Opt-Out.
12.4 All Promotional Interest Rates and the availability of the Take 3 Facility and Interest Opt-Out are conditional on you keeping to the terms of this agreement. If you do not do so we may remove the Take 3 Facility and Interest Opt-Out in respect of all outstanding Take 3 Transactions and Interest Opt-Out Transactions, and we may start charging the standard interest rate on the full outstanding balance on the account and on all new transactions. We may restore the Take 3 Facility and apply Promotional Interest Rates and Interest Opt-Out to new purchases once you have corrected any breach of this agreement and are complying with it again, but we will not be obliged to do so.
14. In calculating the APR, no account has been taken of any variation of the interest rate which may occur under this agreement. We have the right to vary the interest rate, for commercial reasons, upon giving 30 days written notification to you.
15. Administration charges are payable by you in respect of the following matters:
• If you make a payment via Paypoint or the Post Office - £1
• If you make payment by cheque - 25p
• You fail to make at least the minimum payment by the payment due date - £12
• For any letters, telephone call or other (other than home visits) debt collection activity we undertake - £12
• Any cheque, direct debit or other item for payment into your account that is unpaid or dishonoured - £15
• Any court fees & costs incurred by us in pursuit of arrears.
We reserve the right to vary these (or introduce new charges) at any time in accordance with clause 19 of Further Terms and Conditions.
16. Missing payments could have severe consequences, such as court proceedings being taken and judgement being enforced against you. It may make obtaining credit more difficult. We may also transfer your account to a debt collection agency.
Further Terms and Conditions17. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have the right to sue the supplier, us or both if you have received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement costing more than £100 and less than £30,000.
18. You have the right to pay the balance of this credit agreement in full or in part under section 94 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you wish to do this you must give notice to us before payment is made by contacting us on; telephone number 08448 222 321, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Support Team, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LE.
19. We reserve the right to vary the terms of this agreement at any time to reflect:-
• changes in applicable laws or regulation;We will give you 30 days written notice of the variation, where any such change is not to your benefit. You may end this agreement by giving us notice and paying us the full outstanding balance before that change takes effect.
• changes to our systems;
• changes in market conditions affecting our business;
• new developments in products, technology or other changes in lending practices;
• additional, enhanced or revised product features;
• new promotional offers;
• changes in your personal circumstances;
• changes which in our view effect your credit status.
20. We may vary the credit limit from time to time. You may request us to increase or reduce your credit limit at any time, and we shall consider such request, but we may agree or decline at our discretion. We may at any time restrict or suspend the availability of credit to you, but would usually only do so if we believe that you may not repay the balance, suspect fraudulent use of the account or believe any events in clause 22 has or is likely to occur. You must not exceed your credit limit, and if you do so you must repay the excess to us on demand.
21. Either you or us may terminate this agreement. If you terminate the agreement, you must give at least 7 days written notice by contacting us at the address specified in details clause 18 and you must immediately pay the full outstanding balance to us. If we terminate the agreement we will give you at least 2 months notice unless an event mentioned in under clause 22 has occurred. You must repay the full outstanding balance to us on demand.
22. We may demand immediate repayment of the full outstanding balance and/or terminate the agreement and/or suspend your right to use the account if:-
• you fail to pay the minimum payment by the due date;
• you exceed your credit limit;
• you become bankrupt, enter into a voluntary arrangement or make proposals for reduced payments;
• you have provided any false or misleading information on which we have relied;
• you breach any of the terms of this agreement in a way which we reasonably believe to be material;
• we believe the account is being used fraudulently or for an illegal purpose.
If we terminate the agreement you will be liable to pay us the full outstanding balance and any other sums due to us under it. The outstanding balance for all purposes of this agreement will include all sums due on the account (current balance) together with all amounts due for payment on your account at any time in the future.
23. If you have failed to pay us any amount you owe under this agreement, we may use the money we owe you (whether under or in relation to this agreement, or in any other way) to reduce or repay the amount you owe us. This is called a right of "set off". We can use our set off right without telling you in advance.
24. We may transfer any or all of our rights, duties and obligations under this agreement, or arrange for any other person to carry them out on our behalf, without giving notice to you. Any such transfer will not effect your rights under this agreement, or any other legal rights you may have, such as under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You may not transfer your rights, duties or obligations under this agreement.
25. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales, which we also take as applying prior to the making of this agreement.
26. All communications in relation to this agreement will be in English.
27. We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. If you wish to obtain a copy of any statement or notice after it has been received, we may charge you for supplying it in accordance with our practice at that time. We would therefore recommend that you print off a copy and keep it secure.
28. If we temporarily relax any terms of this agreement e.g. allowing you more time to pay, we may strictly enforce those terms again at any time.
29. If any term of this agreement is unenforceable for any reason, it shall not affect the enforceability of any other term of this agreement.
30. You must notify us in writing of any change of your address within seven days of such change.
31. You have the right to withdraw from this agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This right of withdrawal ends on the expiry of fourteen calendar days beginning with the day after the agreement is concluded. You can withdraw from this agreement by contacting us as specified in clause 18.
If you intend to withdraw you must repay any credit and any accrued interest without delay and no later than 30 calendar days of giving the notice to withdraw. Upon request we can advise you of the amount of interest you will be charged per day. You must still pay for any goods you have bought under this agreement, unless you have separate right to return them, such as under a home approval guarantee or statutory distance selling rights. You should not use any goods you have purchased using credit under this agreement if you plan to return and you should keep them safe (legal action may be taken against you if you do not take proper care of them). You can make payment by contacting us as specified in clause 18 or you can go online.
32. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of this agreement then write to: Shop Direct Finance Company Limited, Customer Excellence, Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ. We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you have complained to us and we have been unable to resolve your complaint you may then be entitled to refer it to this independent body. Following our complaints procedure does not affect your right to take legal action.
33. The regulatory authority of consumer credit agreements is the Financial Conduct Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS.
34. Reference in this agreement to "you" and "your" are to the Customer named on the agreement. References to "us" and "we" are to the Creditor named above, and include any other party to whom our rights and/or liabilities under this agreement may be transferred.
35. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB are the credit intermediary for this agreement.
36. We are required to inform you that there is a possibility that other taxes or costs may exist during the currency of this agreement that are not paid via us or charged by us under this agreement.