fixed is easy with our
- Protects against mechanical or electrical breakdown for up to 5 years. The cover period includes the manufacturer's warranty.
- A straight forward fee free call out service
- An unlimited number of repairs
- A replacement* product if your item can't be fixed
- You can even spread the cost on your existing Very Credit Account
*Of the same or similar specification
What's not covered
- Loss or damage to the item for any reason
- Breakdown during the manufacturer's warranty
- Breakdown caused by not following the manufacturer's instructions
- Repairs carried out by persons not authorised by us or without our prior approval
- Assistance with routine maintenance
- Go shopping as usual and when you’ve chosen the item you want to buy, simply select your level of cover
from the drop down menu.
- If you want to protect an item you’ve already bought from us just log in to My Account
and select your cover. Alternatively you can give us a call on 0844 822 4706.
- Don’t miss out, you can only cover items you’ve bought from us within the first 10 months.
How to buy Service Guarantee
Call to buy on 0844 822 4706
Even the most reliable products and brands can develop faults that lead to an electrical and/or mechanical breakdown. It is for this reason that major electrical retailers offer extended warranties in some form or another.
As your appliance gets older there is a higher likelihood that it could develop a fault and the Shop Direct Service Guarantee provides protection up to 5 years, giving you the peace of mind that you would not need to pay for repair or replacement in the event that your product develops a fault in this time. Service Guarantee does not include some situations, for example accidental damage, and any wilful act or neglect.
Please check your household insurance policy carefully to check what you are covered for. Typically it will not cover you for mechanical or electrical breakdown; with our Service Guarantee, this is covered as standard.
Most manufacturer’s offer 12 months guarantee against any mechanical breakdown. With our Service Guarantee you will be protected beyond the manufacturer's warranty and if we can't repair it then we will arrange a replacement.
Service Guarantee covers electrical products bought from us against mechanical and electrical failure, however it does not offer cover against accidental damage.
The Service Guarantee cost is a small amount to pay in relation to what you may have to pay a repair agent to fix your broken Product.
No, our Service Guarantee will continue after you have had a repair. The cover only ends if a replacement product is provided.
The process is very straightforward. One call to us and we'll arrange a call back from a repairer, normally within 2 hours, to set up a convenient time to visit. If we can't repair it, we'll arrange for a replacement. Call-out, parts & labour charges are all covered and there are no forms to fill in. It couldn't be simpler!
You are protected under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and under the Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. If the appliance is not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, you have the right to claim for repair or replacement for up to 6 years. However, after the first 6 months, you will need to prove that the appliance was faulty when it was sold. For more information you could contact your local trading standards department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
You can arrange to buy a warranty or service plan from insurers, utility companies, credit card companies, manufacturer’s, some other retailers and specialist online providers, but they may not provide the same level of support or service as us.
Terms & conditions apply. Service Guarantee is arranged by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited. Registered Number 4663281.
Registered Office: First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB. The Provider is The Warranty Group (TWG)
Services (Isle of Man) Limited, St George’s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE. Calls cost up to 7p per minute
plus your telephone company’s network access charges. Credit provided, subject to credit and account status by Shop Direct Finance
Company Ltd. Registered office: Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle L30 1SL. Authorised and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority