Virgin Experience Days Extended Flying Lesson
Feel the adrenalin rush as you take the controls of a light plane and soar across the sky! You get one-to-one training with a Civil Aviation Authority licensed instructor, and your flying time counts towards a Private Pilot's licence. This Extended option means you will be flying for a longer time and will have a more in-depth lesson. Your flying lesson starts with a briefing from your instructor before the flight. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, your flight starts from the time the engine turns over. You will be given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control, and so that you can talk with your instructor. Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls but your pilot will generally land the plane and taxi back.
- Minimum age: 12 (under 18's need parental/guardian consent)
- Available at over 40 Locations Nationwide - (Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Cornwall, Derbyshire, NI, Cumbria, Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Surrey, Ireland, Kent, Lancashire, Merseyside, Lincolnshire, Scotland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Wales, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Surrey, Wales, Warwickshire, West Sussex, West Yorkshire)
- Minimum height: 4 ft 10 inch (147 cm)
- Maximum height: 6 ft 4 inch (193 cm)
- Maximum weight: 12 stone at County Down, 16 stone at Leeds, 14 to 18 stone at other locations
You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the aircraft. 40 locations across the UK and Southern Ireland.
- Depth: 0 MM
- Height: 0 MM
- Width: 0 MM