We'll cover you for little accidents that happen when you least expect it.
Accidental damage cover including rips, burns, stains
Protect against structural defects including damaged frames, springs and cushions after the manufacturer's warranty ends.
No excess to pay.
- 3 years cover, which includes your
- Accidental damage on all furniture including rips, burns and stains from day one.
- Structural defects on all furniture including
damaged frames, springs and cushions after the manufacturer's warranty ends.
- Repairs carried out in your own home
- No excess to pay.
- We'll give you a brand new replacement* if we can't repair your item.*Of identical or equivalent specification.
- If we can't replace your furniture we will provide an alternative settlement.
- Multiple repairs.
What's not covered
- You're not covered if you have failed to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Structural defects during the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Accidental damage as a result of not taking care of the item.
- Normal wear and tear from everyday use.
- Repairs carried out by persons not authorised by us.
- Any replacement items provided won't be covered.
- Damage by any animal other than a domestic pet.
- Choose the item you want to buy and select your level of cover from the drop down menu.
- To protect an item you've already bought, log into My Account and select your cover.
- Something to keep in mind: You can only cover items you've bought from Very within the first 60 days of your purchase.
Even the most reliable products and brands can develop structural defects.
As your furniture gets older there's a higher likelihood that it could develop a structural defect. Furniture Insurance provides protection for up to 3 years, giving you the peace of mind that you wouldn't need to pay for repair or replacement if your product developed a fault within this time.
The cover for structural defects starts on the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty period.
The policy also covers you for accidental damage including staining, rips, tears & burns from the day your furniture is despatched. The cover excludes some situations for example; not taking care of your item, wilful abuse or misuse and wear and tear.
Please check your household insurance policy carefully to see what you are covered for. Typically your household insurance will not cover you for structural defects to your furniture and may not cover you for accidental damage either. You may also be covered if you hold any other insurance products so please check these too.
For these types of cover you may also need to pay an excess charge and your premiums may increase as a result of claims. With our Furniture Insurance structural and accidental damage is included as standard with no excess to pay.
Most manufacturers offer a 12-month warranty against any structural defects. With Furniture Insurance you'll be protected for up to 3 years including the manufacturer's warranty, and if we can't repair it we'll arrange a replacement. In addition, most manufacturers’ warranties won't cover you for accidental damage.
The cost of Furniture Insurance is small compared to the amount you may have to pay to repair or replace your item.
No, there's no excess to pay if your product needs to be repaired or replaced. We'll arrange to repair your product at no cost to you subject to the terms and conditions.
No, Furniture Insurance will continue after you have had a repair. The cover only ends if a replacement product is provided.
If your item is replaced then the Insurance will end and you will be given the option to purchase a new furniture policy for your replacement product. Please note, if you've bought insurance to cover a set, such as a three-piece suite for example, the cover will continue for any items which haven't been replaced.
The process is very straightforward. One call to our claims administrator TWG and they will arrange to repair your product. Call-out, parts and labour charges are all covered and there are no forms to fill in. It couldn't be simpler!
You must report all claims to TWG within 28 days.
The benefits offered under Furniture Insurance are in addition to your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Under this Act, if the product you purchase is subsequently found to be defective then you will be entitled to a remedy such as a repair, a replacement or a refund. This legal right lasts for up to 6 years (5 years in Scotland). If the product proves defective in the first 30 days after purchase then you may reject the goods and request a full refund. Thereafter, you will be entitled to a repair or replacement but if those remedies are not possible then you can claim a full, or partial, refund depending on the age of the goods. Further information on your rights can be obtained from the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline 03454 040506.
You must contact Shop Direct Home Shopping as structural defects within the manufacturer’s warranty are not covered by this insurance.
If the three-piece suite is no longer available or cannot be sourced, we would replace the whole suite (as long as you have insured the whole suite).
If you cancel your policy within 45 days of taking out the cover you'll receive a full refund of your premiums. If you cancel your policy after 45 days you will receive a pro rata refund based on the number of unexpired months remaining.